Installation & Release Notes
Version 3 Build 16, last updated August 16, 2011
(Access to Evaluation Copy Terminates Automatically after 30 days)
Installing SimCalc MathWorlds®
- Find the installer — SimCalc MathWorlds for Computers 3.0.msi.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
- Follow the instructions of the installer.
- You should now be able to run SimCalc MathWorlds® via your Program menu or desktop icon.
- PC running Windows 2000, XP, or 7 (software possibly compatible with, but not tested on Vista)
- 1 GHz processor
- At least 512 MB of memory
Setting Up a Classroom Network
Please download this technical guide to help you set up a classroom network using SimCalc MathWorlds® for Computers.
The first time you launch the software, you'll be asked to choose a language (a dialog will prompt you). Once you have chosen the language, SimCalc MathWorlds® will re-launch itself. You will not see this dialog on subsequent launches.
When you install SimCalc MathWorlds® for Computers, the software is set to "full" level, which presents the user with full access to the software. When you purchase a license, you will be provided 2 keys – "full" and "standard". Standard level is a simplified version of the software, which takes away access to classroom management and authoring capabilities; this level should be used for student computers.
Who do you contact with technical issues?
In the event that you experience difficulty installing or using SimCalc MathWorlds®, contact our support staff via email at: email@example.com.
- Double-clicking to open a MathWorlds document sometimes opens the default document instead. Use the Open menu in the application to avoid this problem. 
- When using laptops to do connectivity "Sleep Mode" can sometimes interfere with communications if it cuts power to the network card. For connected classrooms it is best to disable any sleep or low power modes.
- Teachers may not be able to edit functions at the same time a student is live-editing them. This minor problem only happens during live editing in a connected classroom.