Copyright Notice: All original content on the Kaput Center web site, including the web design, graphics and user interface, is the intellectual property of the University of Massachusetts. You may view, copy, print, use and, in some instances, download content contained on the web site, but solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and provided that: (1) no text, graphics or other content available from this web site is modified in any way; and (2) no graphics available from the web site are used, copied or distributed separate from accompanying text. Requests for permission for use of content for any other purpose should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party content included on this web site is in the public domain, or is used in accordance with the fair use doctrine, or used by permission. In all such cases, attribution of third party content is made. Requests for permission for uses of third party content should be directed to the copyright holder.
We only guarantee compatiblity of software documents created using SimCalc MathWorlds® for Computers (.2mw files).
- Work with up to 30 computers on a network.
- Work with multiple representations (tables, graphs, function expressions, animations, narratives).
- Dynamic Interactive Algebra
- Use wireless and wired networks (out-the-box) to aggregate student's work in mathematically meaningful ways.
- Design new and exciting mathematical models and activities.
- Work with activities that meet NCTM Standards/Focal Points and many State Frameworks.
- Experience new ways of teaching Algebra in middle grades, high school grades and PreCalculus.
- Develop new activities of undergraduate College Algebra and Calculus courses.
- Access lots of curriculum for free that supplements/replaces core mathematics in grades 6-12.
- Simulations of various time-based models (e.g., Position/Velocity, Finance).
- Create opportunities for mathematical performances and participatory aggregations (e.g., families of functions).
- Enhance Participation and Motivation in your classrooms (as shown by research).
- Configure activities to meet pedagogical strategies.
- NEW FEATURE: Import data from popular classroom science probes for analysis using multiple, linked mathematical representations.
Don't forget to visit our curriculum pages for free activities!