Application to the Program
In addition to meeting the criteria for admission, applicants will be expected to submit the following as part of their application process:
- Completed UMass Dartmouth application form
- A letter of intent addressing two issues:
- Applicant's qualifications and motivation for application to the program, including personal and career goals. This should discuss recent research and development experience and any publications, formal presentations, grants, or patents in which the applicant has been involved.
- An outline of potential research interests and potential connections to faculty work.
- Current resume
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education
- Official scores on Graduate Record Examination. Information about the test and about the locations of test centers is available from:
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic ability and potential to conduct research at the doctoral level.
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
tel. 609-771-7670 voice/TDD/text: 609-734-9362
The application process can be completed online at: http://www.umassd.edu/graduate/.
Application Review Process
The Graduate Program Director in consultation with the Graduate Committee will determine a recommendation for admission. The recommendation will then be reviewed by the Associate Provost for Graduate Studies, who confers official admission of all graduate students to UMass Dartmouth.